Sunday, April 12, 2009

Traveling is better than school

So I have been reprimanded several times now for being a terrible blogger, at least with respect to the consistency with which I write.  I remind you, however, that blog is a filthy word.  Actually, it's not even really a word.  So think about that.  Nonetheless, I'll try better.

This entry will be incredibly short because I leave for Turkey in two hours, and I haven't started packing, nor am I showered.  Oh...yeah...I'm going to Turkey.  This trip came about out of nowhere.  I was originally planning on going to Corsica and Sardinia for the second week of break.  Things got complicated as far as logistics go with that trip.  I half jokingly told the people that I was planning the first trip with that we should just go to Turkey.  They said yes...

I absolutely can't wait.  It promises to be a really amazing trip, and yes, I will certainly blog the moment I get back.

Last week, as most of you know, my sister and my mother came out to France to visit me.  We started with a few days in Montpellier.  I basically showed them all the random places I read/eat.  I also introduced mother to a drink called a "monaco".  It's beer, limonade, and grenadine, really nothing too special.  She however died for it.  We spent the rest of the week basically searching out more monacos.  We then proceeded to Nice.  Nice is stellar.  I really highly recommend it if you haven't been.  The views are breathtaking and the food is delicious.  Finally, we spent the last couple days in Paris.  Both Annie and I had been to Paris before, but Mom hadn't.  We did our best with the 40 some odd hours we had.  However, if you've ever been to Paris before, you know that this simply isn't enough.  We showed her the Louvre, the Champs Élysées, the Eiffel Tower, and then we went to Versailles the second day to see the Palace.  It was all great fun, although we probably should have done Paris first when we still had energy.

Okay, I really must be off.  If I miss my train to Marseille (where I'm flying out of) the whole trip will get completely screwed.  Sorry for the brevity of this.  I will seriously write the crap out of Turkey, I promise.

Best,
Corey

1 comment: